Candidates are usually required to participate in an initial pre-screen phone interview with a Placement Coordinator from Teach Away (for non-direct to school jobs) who will help you move forward with the application process. If you pass the pre-screen, you will move on to conduct an interview with a representative from the school that could occur over video or in-person.
For direct-to-school jobs, you will be reached out to by a representative from the school right away for a video, phone or in-person interview.
Our top tips for a phone or video interview:
- Set aside a time and place, and eliminate distractions (e.g. don't take the call on a bus!)
- Be prepared and take the call as seriously as an in-person interview
- Have quick access to key resources (e.g. notes prepared in advance)
- Listen and answer questions thoroughly
- Speak clearly and positively
For most positions, an in-person interview is not necessary. You can determine if an in-person interview session is required under the "Additional Requirements" section of a job description or during the pre-screen call with a Placement Coordinator.