The definition of TEFL and what the certification qualifies teachers for.
A TEFL certificate is an internationally recognized certification designed to certify teachers to teach English as a foreign language in countries where English is not the first language.
The key things you need to know about TEFL:
- TEFL stands for Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- A TEFL certification qualifies someone to teach English as a second language. It's a common requirement for both international and online teaching jobs.
- TEFL is considered the most internationally recognized qualification for teaching English abroad.
- Teachers with a TEFL certification usually teach English in countries where English is not the first language.
- TEFL is considered an asset for both new and experienced teachers, and is known for giving teachers a wider range of opportunties when looking to teach English as a second language abroad.
For more information about TEFL, check out these resources:
- Everything you need to know about TEFL certification
- Quiz: Is a TEFL Certification right for you?
- Is TEFL certification worth the cost?