If your application status has changed to "closed" it could mean:
- The position has been filled
- There’s already a selection of candidates moving forward in the application process
- You didn’t meet the qualifications for the position
- The employer has removed the position
We recommend applying for several jobs while keeping an open mind as to the location you’d like to teach in. Applying for multiple positions will greatly increase your chances of being hired for a teaching job abroad.
If you consistently see "closed" showing up on your applications, maybe it's time to strengthen your Teach Away Profile.
Here are some resources that might help:
- Four ways to improve your Teach Away application.
- Top 10 application mistakes.
- Why it's important to complete your teacher profile.
- This is what schools look for on your Teach Away profile [video].