The first step in the interview process is a pre-screen
Candidates are usually required to participate in an initial pre-screen phone interview with a Placement Coordinator from Teach Away (for non-direct to school jobs), who will help you move forward with the application process.
Our top tips for the phone screen interview:
- Set aside a time and place, and eliminate distractions (e.g. don't take the call on a bus!)
- Be prepared for the phone call and take the phone interview as seriously as an in-person interview
- Have quick access to key resources (e.g. notes prepared in advance)
- Listen and answer questions thoroughly
- Speak clearly and positively
If you've got more questions about Teach Away’s pre-screen process, read Everything you need to know about phone interviews with Placement Coordinators.