If you've applied for many jobs but don't receive any interest in your application, there's a few things you can do to improve your chances of landing a job
There's a few things to keep in mind. Some jobs receive hundreds of applications but there are only a limited number of roles. While you might be a strong, individual candidate, you are also going up candidates who are also strong.
Here are some ways to increase your competitiveness:
- Get more teaching experience
- Become TEFL certified
Making sure your profile is filled out and updated is very important. Employers judge you on your profile as that is the first thing they review when they receive your application.
Here are some ways to improve your profile:
- Include a profile picture – Here are 9 tips for an awesome profile picture
- Make sure the work experience and education you have listed in your profile is exactly the same as what's in your resume as any differences will confuse employers
- Have all your teaching qualifications and certifications added to your profile and resume
- Add your references – Here are 5 things you need to know when submitting your references
- Double check that your resume is free of typos and punctuation errors
- Fill in as much information as possible and upload whatever documents you have available (such as a scanned copy of your teaching certificate) – your profile can never be too complete!