Is my clinical experience paid or unpaid?

You will be able to meet the requirements of the clinical experience while teaching full-time in the state of Hawai’i. It is possible to obtain employment as a full-time teacher with an emergency hire permit in the absence of a teaching license.

Salary information for teachers employed with the Hawai’i Department of Education are publicly posted. Please refer to the HIDOE website for more information: