How do I qualify for a work visa?

To obtain the correct work visa to teach in most countries abroad, a Bachelor’s degree is generally required as this is often the legal immigration requirement to be allowed to find work in many countries.

Many countries will also only grant visas to ESL teachers from countries that they consider to be native English speaking locations (that’s the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand).

Also, note that some countries also have age restrictions for work visas.

We advise you to consult the Embassy or Consulate websites of the countries you're interested in visiting to ensure you qualify for a working visa.

Unfortunately, Teach Away does not have control over countries' visa restrictions. However, we certainly encourage you to apply in the event you come across a position that suits you.


Recommended Reading: