Do I need to purchase health insurance before I leave?

Is health insurance required or provided when teaching abroad.

When traveling and living overseas, it’s always a good idea to have your own private health insurance plan. We suggest that you purchase a health insurance plan with coverage for the duration of your entire stay. Health benefits are often included overseas teaching contracts, but we still strongly recommend a private plan.

Some schools will provide health insurance as part of your benefits package. If they do, this will be stated under the "Job Benefits" section of any posting.

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 9.51.43 AM