Can I bring my family with me when I go teach abroad?

When moving abroad to teach, what are the options for teachers with dependents?

Some organizations/schools will provide support for dependents. This support can include housing, airfare, and paying the tuition for the international school your children will attend.

Many international schools will often accommodate a teacher’s husband or wife and their children to accompany them, but this does not normally include other relatives such as parents, siblings, or grandparents. They would each need to arrange their own individual visas, which normally requires securing employment in the country in advance, in order to live there.

To find out if a school will provide this support, review the "Job Benefits" section of any job listing. If this information is not available in the job listing, ask your Placement Coordinator or the school's hiring manager for more information after you are contacted in regards to your application.