Due to the volume of applications we receive every day, we're unable to provide feedback to every candidate who applies for a job advertised on our website.
We understand it can be discouraging to apply but not hear back from a school. We have some tips on how to improve your chances of landing a job.
Increase your competitiveness by doing the following:
- Get more teaching experience
- Become TEFL certified
Improve your Teacher Profile by doing the following:
- Add a profile picture – Here are 9 tips for an awesome profile picture
- Make sure the work experience and education you have listed in your profile is as close as possible to what's in your resume because any differences will confuse employers
- Have all your teaching qualifications and certifications added to your profile and resume
- Include 2-3 professional references – Here are 5 things you need to know when submitting your references
- Double-check that your resume is free of typos and punctuation errors
- Fill in as much information as possible and upload whatever documents you have available (such as a scanned copy of your teaching certificate) – your profile can never be too complete!
Check out more tips and resources on how to improve your chances of landing a job:
- Resume & Interview Tips for Teaching Abroad Webinar Recording (Once you submit the form, you'll be able to watch the full recording.)
Making sure your profile is filled out and up-to-date is very important. Employers judge you on your profile as that is the first thing they review after you've applied.